Remote Shell

Benicio Miguel Sanchez Fuentes bsanchez at alestra.com.mx
Mon Sep 28 18:32:37 UTC 1998

I need to give remote shell access to a user in a server (an HP-9000 k410
running HP-UX 10.10) conected to mine through a 3Com router, I have done
some investigation and what I have found is that I have to open port  514
for tcp, for some reason this did not work, so I opened (temporarily of
course) all the ports on the router....and it worked, but  I don´t want to
leave it like that, Does anyone now what port(s)  I need to leave open to
alow the remote shells?.

Is there any configuration needed other than the equiv.hosts and (or) the
.rhosts files ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Benicio Sanchez
Network Operations Engineer