InterNIC modification

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Mon Sep 28 03:14:42 UTC 1998

On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 09:54:48PM -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 william at pacific.net.ph wrote:
>

> > Hi all!
> >
> > Is it Internic becoming slower in their modifications?  We have sent a
> > modification request twice and until now - nothing has happened....
>
> It is not being sent from the address of one of the contacts, so it
> will not be automatically processed.
>
> Anything that isn't automatically processed gets printed and thrown
> into a big slightly malfunctioning paper shredder.  Anything that makes
> it through the paper shreader is then looked at and sometimes responded
> to.  The time that it takes for this to happen is based on the mandatory
> one week delay before it is printed just for good luck, and then the
> chances of making it through the shredder.  Note that their method may
> vary slightly from that described above, but the effect is the same.

I've found that on changes to domains for which I'm already a contact,
setting my authentication to CRYPT-PW works well, causing changes to be
completed within hours.

Note that CRYPT-PW apparently only refers to how the passwords are stored
on the InterNIC's servers; they're sent in plaintext when you e-mail the
form.

--

Anyone who spams me will be subject to torture by Jake,
my killer attack hedgehog, and/or Lizzy and Junior, my man-eating iguanas.