.cc domain spam

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Mon Sep 28 02:01:21 UTC 1998

On Sat, Sep 26, 1998 at 05:41:41PM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Sam Hayes Merritt, III wrote:
> > Registrant:
> > Network Solutions, Inc. (WORLDNIC4-DOM)
> >    505 Huntmar Park Drive
> >    Herndon, VA 20170
> >    US
> >    Domain Name: WORLDNIC.COM
>
> That's different.  That's Network Solutions scamming the clueless.
> Domainspace (according to Michael) has no connection with the .cc
> registry.  They're just middlemen.  Network Solutions might want you to
> believe the same thing of worldnic.com, but I think most people here know
> better.  Or to sound like Mr. Flemming....many of the people on nanog know
> more than most.

No, Jon... don't you remember from earlier this year?  There's actually
a semi-reasonable explanation for that one.

Trademark problem on "InterNIC", as I recall.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     "The net is safer in bad weather: you
The Suncoast Freenet               can't run a backhoe
Tampa Bay, Florida     in a hurricane."  (after Sean Donelan)  +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com