.cc domain spam

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Sat Sep 26 23:41:08 UTC 1998

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> > That's different.  That's Network Solutions scamming the clueless.
>
> Wow, I guess we must be scam artists too, based on your definition.

Are you abusing a database (and monopoly) you were handed and given the
task of maintaining for profit?

This may be a stretch, but isn't there a law prohibiting taking advantage
of a monopoly (registration services for .com, .net, .org, .edu) to help
in the entry into a new market (forcing domain changes to domains
registered through worldnic to be changed via worldnic, when this is not
required for any other middleman/domain registration/hosting services)?

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.