.cc domain spam

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Sat Sep 26 17:07:44 UTC 1998

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Dalvenjah FoxFire wrote:

> Yes; not recently, but I have been in the past. It chafes me, really; there's
> a particular domain I'd like in that TLD, but I refuse to do business with
> anyone who thinks spamming is OK.

Then don't do business with domainspace, do business directly with the
folks who run the .CC domain at http://www.nic.cc.

This is the second instance recently of some dealer spamming to sell
another company's product without the knowledge of the other company. In
cases like this it is best to not shoot the company whose product was
being advertised but inform them politely that their dealer is a spammer.
Then they can fix the problem.

Consider this to be the same as informing the unlucky ISP that one of
their customer's is a spammer. We don't shoot the ISP unless they show
repeatedly that they don't care.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: michael at memra.com
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com