.cc domain spam

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Sat Sep 26 07:21:40 UTC 1998

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Elvis wrote:

> Yes, you are certainly not alone.  My delete button is getting worn out.
> :)  In fact, I get spammed every time I register a new domain by several
> different entities now.

This brings up an interesting question.  How are the domainspace.com
creeps getting lists of newly registered domains?  Do they have special
access at NetSol?  Are they just grabbing the .com and .net zones
periodically, running a diff, and spamming the contacts for new domains?

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.