InterNIC modification

Marc Slemko marcs at znep.com
Fri Sep 25 04:54:48 UTC 1998

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 william at pacific.net.ph wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Is it Internic becoming slower in their modifications?  We have sent a
> modification request twice and until now - nothing has happened....

It is not being sent from the address of one of the contacts, so it
will not be automatically processed.

Anything that isn't automatically processed gets printed and thrown
into a big slightly malfunctioning paper shredder.  Anything that makes
it through the paper shreader is then looked at and sometimes responded
to.  The time that it takes for this to happen is based on the mandatory
one week delay before it is printed just for good luck, and then the
chances of making it through the shredder.  Note that their method may
vary slightly from that described above, but the effect is the same.

Your chances at getting any response from hostmaster at internic.net to
something that isn't handled automatically are slim to none in my
experience.  Normally, repeated phone calls and followup calls are the
proper way to do this.