Sat phones

David Diaz/I.P.O.F.-Netrail, Inc. davediaz at netrail.net
Fri Sep 25 02:54:08 UTC 1998

I here quest has dug up it's share of fibre according to worldcom.  That
locomotive with the plows (3 trenches) takes no prisoners

At 3:32 AM -0000 9/23/98, Sean Donelan wrote:
>>Nope, get a sat-phone, some wood & wet blankets, semephore flags, a
>>mirror and
>>brush up on you Moris code. .. (after reading up on tsunami threats for
>>the So.Cal. area over the weekend :)
>
>Sat phones, smoke signals, and visual signals each have their own
>failure modes. Rain-fade affects most of them. Each may be a useful
>addition to your existing set of communication tools. None are
>perfect substitutes for other types of telecommunication systems.
>Amateur radio may be used to support life and safety operations, but
>not commercial business.
>
>I'm still waiting for the time-warp telephone, for calling before
>the event happens.  But the causality loops lead to all sorts of
>paradoxes.  What if you go back in time and prevent Catapiller from
>building the backhoe? With no excavating equipment what would have
>buried the fiber?  So there would be no fiber to get dug up, and no
>reason to stop the backhoe from being built. Which ....
>--
>Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
>  Affiliation given for identification not representation

Thank you,
David Diaz
Chief Technical Officer
Netrail, Inc

email:   davediaz at netrail.net
pager: 888-576-1018
office: 888-NETRAIL

Colo facilities: Atlanta-NAP, Miami, Arlington, Chicago, San Francisco
888-NETRAIL for further information