Alternative sources for Cisco memory?

Richard Welty rwelty at neworks.net
Thu Sep 24 20:49:05 UTC 1998

At 11:09 AM 9/24/98 -0700, Craig A. Huegen wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 24, 1998 at 12:35:20PM -0400, Nathan Stratton wrote:

>==>You sure can, most providers upgrade the memory on their ciscos with 3rd
>==>party RAM, the cisco stuff just cost to much. I dont know of "Cisco
>==>certified" memory dealers, but just buying decent RAM from any good vender
>==>should be fine.

>"Decent RAM" does *not* cut it--you need *good* RAM from a good vendor.
>  Kingston carries this, and will even cross-ref
>the Cisco part numbers for you.

Ciscos have a greater expectation of on-spec behaviour from RAM. lots of
really borderline stuff that works fine in the random PC clone doesn't cut
it in a Cisco.

in my experience, the Kingston stuff that cross references out to Cisco
equivalents works quite well.

richard

--
Richard Welty
NeWorks Networking, Inc.                                  518-244-9675