4q98 in-addr.audit notice

bmanning at ISI.EDU bmanning at ISI.EDU
Thu Sep 24 20:49:56 UTC 1998

Hello,
	I am sorry for duplicates that you may receive.

	This is to let you know that I will be starting the next quarter
sweep of the in-addr.arpa tree on 03 oct 1998.  I'd appreciate it if you
would review http://www.isi.edu/div7/people/bmanning.home/in-addr-audit.html
for details.  Specifically, I'd appreciate your adding the two referenced
probes to your xfernets directives so that a valid audit may proceed. The
run may take as long as 600 wall-clock hours. The results will be posted
to the web page.

	A target for this audit run is to attempt to identify DNS version
distribution.  If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me.
If there are others that you feel should be aware, forward the information
on to them and/or me.

	Thank you for your consideration.

--bill