Alternative sources for Cisco memory?

Joseph Thomas jpt at networkcs.com
Thu Sep 24 15:36:14 UTC 1998

	I received prices for upgrading RAM memory in both a Cisco 7000
and Cisco 7500. Ouch!

	My question is: the 7000 appears to accept standard 30pin SIMMs
while the 7500 accepts 72pin SIMMs. Since I can purchase lifetime memory
(60ns, true parity) for orders of magnatiude less, why shouldn't I? Has
anyone really tried this? Other than Cisco claiming that future problems
are related to the non-Cisco memory I installed, what problems might I
encounter? Are there less-expensive "Cisco certified" memory dealers?

Thanks.

Joseph Thomas                           E/Mail:  jpt at networkcs.com
Network Computing Services, Inc.    	 	 jpt at magic.net
1200 Washington Ave So.			Tel:	 +1 612 337 3558
Minneapolis, MN     55415-1227          FAX:     +1 612 337 3400

	An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.