the GOV top-level domain

Greg A. Woods woods at most.weird.com
Wed Sep 23 06:24:11 UTC 1998

[ On Wed, September 23, 1998 at 08:59:12 (+0800), Mathias Koerber wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: the GOV top-level domain
>
> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> |GOV. was missing from A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET sometime yesterday, but the
> |example with a timestampe has scrolled past my scroll buffer....
>
> Hmm. I went back into the thread, but can't figure out what example
> with the timestamp (what bug) is meant here. Someone care to explain?
> Maybe I missed that message?

I did a query identical to the one I included in that message which did
show A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET as being lame for GOV., and since I have the
time of day in my shell prompt I'd have been able to confirm exactly
when it was lame, except example had scrolled beyond the end of my
xterm's scroll-back buffer.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>