Sat phones

Bryan Wann bwann at cwis.net
Wed Sep 23 04:08:30 UTC 1998

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Sean Donelan wrote:

> I'm still waiting for the time-warp telephone, for calling before
> the event happens.  But the causality loops lead to all sorts of
> paradoxes.  What if you go back in time and prevent Catapiller from
> building the backhoe? With no excavating equipment what would have
> buried the fiber?  So there would be no fiber to get dug up, and no
> reason to stop the backhoe from being built. Which ....

Maybe we should have these one-call utility line/main marking services
cross-reference who's fiber they're tagging, and give the respective
carriers a heads-up warning before actual excavating begins... :)

---
Bryan Wann		bwann at cwis.net
CWIS Internet Services	http://www.cwis.net

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day;
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime;
Enlighten him further, and he opens a chain of seafood restaurants