IXC Fibre cut IL,OH

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Tue Sep 22 18:04:46 UTC 1998

On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 09:39:21AM -0500, Charley Kline wrote:
> > IXC communications currently has more than a hundred ds3s
> > cut.  The outage started at 0830 CDT on 9/19/98.
> > All ds3s that I have isolated traverse their fibre route
> > between cleveland and downtown chicago.  The outage seems to affect
> > the chicago area primarily.
>
> Possibly the same cut also took out some of Consolidated/McLeod's circuits,
> including our OC-3 to the AADS NAP. The McLeod guy I talked to said the cut
> was in or near Kankakee, Illinois. We lost our NAP connection at 8:40am CDT
> Saturday and it was restored at about 6:15pm CDT.

I guess the train pulled out...

Cheers,
-- jr "Rolled along through houses, farmes, and fields..." a
Member of the Technical Staff     "The net is safer in bad weather: you
The Suncoast Freenet               can't run a backhoe
Tampa Bay, Florida     in a hurricane."  (after Sean Donelan)  +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com