Frame Relay encap vis-a-vis point-to-point at UUNET

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Mon Sep 21 22:01:25 UTC 1998

I have never heard complaints about the Cascades for T-1 termination
except where they are terminating too many sessions in the Cascades and
the router couldn't handle that many sessions. This was a bigger problem
before the 7500 series routers came out and more importantly the RSP4s.

Fortunately UUNet doesn't terminate T3s into Cascades or ATM switches
(yet...)

-Deepak.