How to loadshare over many E1 links

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Mon Sep 21 09:10:42 UTC 1998

> How would you loadshare over many (>6) parallel E1 links. [...]
> I've been thinking om something similar to the Larscom inverse MUX
> (http://www.larscom.com/t3ft3/t3_megae.htm), but this one only support
> 4 E1's, then I can use multiple i-mux's and loadshare over the 8M links
> they provide, but it seems like a poor solution.

We use Larscom Orion 4000s for 6 transatlantic E1 links.  The E1 cards
have eight ports, with HSSI connections to the routers (75xx).
You can look at the actual throughput under
http://www.switch.ch/lan/stat/linkusa.html

Hope this helps,
Simon Leinen				       simon at babar.switch.ch
SWITCH				   http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/

	    Who is General Failure & why's he reading my disk?