How to loadshare over many E1 links

Michael Shields shields at crosslink.net
Sat Sep 19 11:20:02 UTC 1998

In article <c=US%a=_%p=BAIS%l=MERCURY-980918163103Z-10472 at mercury.balink.com>,
"Martin, Christian" <CMartin at mercury.balink.com> wrote:
> I meant the latter.  I knew that there were switch to switch FDX
> capabilities - I'd never seen a router interface or NIC though.  Cool.

For PC platforms, I've been happy with both Tulips and Intel
eepro100b's at fdx 10BT.  Both cards are real cheap and have 100BT
support as well.

Catalyst 1900s do fdx 10BT, as do 3com 1000s (but you'll want current
firmware).

I don't think Cisco has fdx 10BT interfaces but the new-style
(VIP-type) FEIP2 will do fdx 100BT.

I'm not sure if hdx/fdx autonegotiation works at 10BT -- I don't trust
it anyway.
--
Shields, CrossLink.