How to loadshare over many E1 links

Brandon Ross bross at mindspring.net
Sat Sep 19 04:59:40 UTC 1998

Jared Mauch wrote:

>         I don't have a pdf viewer (on this machine), so can't cite this
> right now, but I think that the dl imux will handle up to 8 E1's:

You might want to check into the 3com ab6200 as well.  It's the only box we
could find on the market that can imux more than 8 T1's (I assume it can do E1's
as well).  They say it should work up to 56 T1's, but you're out of HSSI
bandwidth long before then of course.  We're using it for 11 T1's imuxed right
now and it seems to work fine.

--
Brandon Ross            Network Engineering     404-815-0770 800-719-4664
Director, Network Engineering, MindSpring Ent., Inc.  info at mindspring.com
                                                            ICQ:  2269442

Stop Smurf attacks!  Configure your router interfaces to block directed
broadcasts. See http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.cgi for details.