BGP 4, auth error question.

Jon Green jcgreen at netins.net
Fri Sep 18 22:35:55 UTC 1998

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:32:25 +0000 (GMT), brad at null0.qual.net writes:

>http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-multiprotocol-v2-01.t
>xt
>
>would seem to be towards the correct direction.
>
>BR
>
>On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Chris Morrell wrote:
>

>> The Cisco is probably running IOS 11.1(20)CC.  This version has a bug in
>> it that assumes the other side will understand its request to negotiate
>> MBGP (which there is no RFC for and which seems to be Cisco proprietary at
>> this point).

The problem is that the Cisco is supposed to recognize that the other side
doesn't support the option, and back off.  In 11.1(20) it doesn't.  This
may be fixed in 11.1(21)CC but I have not tested it yet.

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *         "Life's a dance             *
   *   jcgreen at netins.net       *          you learn as you go"        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *                                       *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" *      http://www.quadrunner.com/~jon    *