How to loadshare over many E1 links

Chris Cappuccio chris at empnet.com
Fri Sep 18 19:00:55 UTC 1998

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Barry L James wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
>
> > Most 10/100M cards have FDX for both 10 and 100Mbps operation.  Cisco
> > catalyst hubs support 10Mbps FDX.  Intel EtherExpress PCI cards do 10M
> > FDX... BayNetworks hubs also..
>
> I thought the catalyst line were switches only.  Can hubs support
> full-duplex?  I didn't think they could for some reason.

I dunno if Cisco calls the 1900 and 2900's switches, but as far as I can
tell they don't do anything more then my 10/100 Bay networks hubs!!

Smart, very manageable hubs.. The 10Mbps ports on the 1900 and Bay
networks 301 don't do FDX, but the 100Mbps on the 2900 and Bay networks
350/350T do 10M/FDX..

---
"Microsoft is to quality software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"