what's channellized E1?

Jan Czmok czmok at ipf.de
Fri Sep 18 10:09:05 UTC 1998

On 18-Sep-98 Yu Ning wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> A very very basic question:
> What does "channellized E1" mean? What's its difference from a "normal"
> E1 connection?
>
> reply to my mail box, if you think such message is too basic posting
> on nanog, thanks.
>
> regards,
>
> Yu Ning
> --
> ___________________________________________*
>
> Yu Ning
> ATM R&D Centre of
> BUPT (Beijing U. of Posts&Telecom)
> Beijing (ZIP:100876, MBox:147#), P.R.China
> Ideas ONLY reflect my own views,:-)

Hi all!

Okay a bit clearing about E1:

E1 is Linespeed 1984 or 2048.

Unchannelized E1 means clear bandwidth of 2048 unstructured
channelized e1 means trunk is divided by 32 Timeslots; Timeslot 0 is used for
syncronization of the other timeslots and cannot be used for data transmissions.

e.g.: unchannelized e1 is "point-to-point" but
channelized e1 can mean "point-to-multipoint"

Hope that clear it a bit

Jan Czmok

- ---
Jan Czmok