COM zone and serials

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Sep 17 21:06:21 UTC 1998

jhawk at bbnplanet.com (John Hawkinson) writes:
> ... "host" that differs from any of the canonical versions (like that
> distributed with bind), etc., etc.

I include the NIKHEF version of "host" in the contrib/ directory of BIND.
I have not put it into bin/ and replaced Charles Hedrick's version (from
which the NIKHEF version was derived) mostly because the NIKHEF version
does not subscribe to BIND's various portability-level #include's but
also because ISC is not the definitive source of the NIKHEF version of
"host" -- and the "bin/" subtree of the BIND source has only things we
are the definitive source of.

But I personally use the NIKHEF version on my own systems since it is a
lot more featureful and better implemented than the BIND version.  (That
it, I use NIKHEF "host" whenever BIND "DiG" won't do what I need.)
--
Paul Vixie
La Honda, CA			"Many NANOG members have been around