quick question?

Jeremiah Kristal jeremiah at fs.IConNet.NET
Thu Sep 17 11:43:00 UTC 1998

You made a subnetting error.  You've gotta break it on a boundry.  When
using /27 networks, it breaks up as follows:

Network			Broadcast
a.b.c.0/27		.31
a.b.c.32/27		.63
a.b.c.64/27		.95
a.b.c.96/27		.127
a.b.c.128/27		.159
a.b.c.160/27		.191
a.b.c.192/27		.223
a.b.c.224/27		.255

Jeremiah

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Kyle D. Smith wrote:

> First of all, i know that this is not the best place to ask this quesiton,
> but it is the only place that can quickly come to mind...
>
> I have a customer who has a block of 62 ip addresses (206.206.162.130 ->
> 206.206.162.190 and one for network/brodcast). They are current expanding
> their network, and need around 30 more ip addresses. I went ahead and
> allocated them the following IP address pool (207.66.81.144 ->
> 207.66.81.174 with network/brodcast address.) I attempted to use the new
> address on a Apple Macintosh (PowerMac 6500/75) and it erturned an error
> message saying that the router was not on the subnet, and that it could
> not use the new address. I know I should remember how to fix that, but I
> am not sure what to do.... Any help or guidence would be greatly
> appreciated. Thank you very much.
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=
>   -Kyle Donald Smith
>   -Systems Administrator