Inter-CO signaling?

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Tue Sep 15 05:55:05 UTC 1998

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Chad Skidmore wrote:

> Try making an ISDN call from one to the other at a 64k rate.  If you can
> get through then there are at least some trunks setup as ESF B8ZS clear
> channel.  I suspect that they are probably some older trunks running AMI
>
> The other thing you could do is just ask them.

Where's the smiley face?  You can't be serious in that last sentance.  2
out of 3 telcos are incapable of configuring circuits properly, and the
more they insist the signalling is set a particular way, the better the
odds are it's the other way.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.