Starr report - as seen from MAE East

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sun Sep 13 03:50:41 UTC 1998

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Phil Howard wrote:

> Maybe it was just a small report.  HTML, not scanned in GIFs.
> A little over 800K uncompressed.  At least so far.

It was small as most web pages are today. I don't think the government
servers were hit even close as hard as some of the big news sites. I bet
CNN has 10 x the hits the LOC site had. NetRail hosted the servers for US
Treasury and USDA. We gave them a 100 BaseT ethernet connection into a
core router, but it never was a big deal because their servers would die
way before the like utilization ever got high. I have found many
government sites are like that. I would not be surprised if LOCs servers
died before the links maxed out.

><>
Nathan Stratton				Telecom & ISP Consulting
www.robotics.net	 		nathan at robotics.net
--
"No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by
his great strength."                               - Psalm 33:16