Inter-CO signaling?

Robert E. Seastrom rs at bifrost.seastrom.com
Thu Sep 10 19:09:45 UTC 1998

RBS is often run on B8ZS/ESF too.

The reason it is not commonly run on inter-office trunks is because of
a remarkable new innovation called SS7.  Perhaps you have heard of it.

Anyway, since the bits in robbed-bit signaling are "robbed" from the
superframe not from your DS0, it is irrelevant to your throughput.

                                        ---Rob

   From: Chad Skidmore <cskidmor at nwnexus.net>

   RBS is often times run on on AMI D4 circuits.  Also, RBS is generally
   not run on inter-office trunks.

   At least that was the case a few months ago when I worked on a DMS-500.

   Chad Skidmore
   Director of Network Engineering
   Northwest Nexus, Inc.
   http://www.nwnexus.com