saudi internet / international connections

Jose Manuel de Arce jose.arce at dante.org.uk
Thu Sep 10 15:54:16 UTC 1998

	Hello

At 16:04 10/09/98 +0000, Peter Merdian wrote:
>Hello,
>

>Out of redundancy (not financial) reasons there will be a link
>to Europe. So the same questions like above applies and additional
>the question whether to connect to TEN-34 or EBONE - which are
>supposed to be a/the European backbone.

	I am sorry, but TEN-34 is planned to shutdown and end of the year and the
next Network, TEN-155 is going to replace it.

	Anyway, both Networks connect National Research Networks in Europe, it is
not a European Backbone. It's like NSFnet.

	You need a commercial provider in Europe, Ebone, Unisource or a good
CIX/GIX.

	Regards

		Jose MAnuel de ARce

            * *         Jose Manuel de Arce  Network Engineer
          *     *
         *              Francis House
        *               112 Hills Road       Tel +44 1223 302992
        *               Cambridge CB2 1PQ    Fax +44 1223 303005
     D  A  N  T  E      United Kingdom       WWW http://www.dante.net