NANOG 14

David Diaz/I.P.O.F.-Netrail, Inc. davediaz at netrail.net
Fri Sep 4 05:04:20 UTC 1998

The hotel is extremely large.  Over 1500 rooms although only a small block
was reserved for NANOG.  I know special pricing was negotiated and it looks
like a fancy hotel.  Im sure no one wants to get stuck with the retain
price.  It is also conference time in Atlanta.

The Hotel is around the block from Hard Rock and Planet Hollywood.  It is
in the Heart of Downtown but in a super nice area.  Dailey's Downstairs is
a great Martini/cigar bar one block away.

Only concern is the hotel is so large Im not sure how the wireless hookup
will work 20 floors up.

Anyone have any questions about the area or night life?

At 9:14 PM -0000 9/3/98, alex at nac.net wrote:
>As of today, there were rooms avail.
>

>On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Pam Ciesla wrote:
>

>> If you are planning on attending the NANOG 14 meeting please make hotel
>> reservations early. I have been told that Atlanta will be very busy with
>> conventions durning the time of our meeting. The meeting will be held at
>> the Atlanta Marriott Marquis (404-521-0000). Be sure to mention the NANOG
>> Meeting to get the $149 rate. Please contact me if you have any problems
>> getting this rate.
>> The registration page and agenda items will be available real soon on
>> the NANOG webpage!!!   http://www.nanog.org

>> Pam Ciesla                                     734-936-0172 - phone
>> Merit Network, Inc.                            734-647-3185 - fax
>> University of Michigan
>> 4251 Plymouth Road
>> Bldg. I, Suite C
>> Ann Arbor, MI 48105-2785
>>

>-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>   ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs.  October 26-28, 1998, Atlanta, GA.
>    Three days of clues, news, and views from the industry's best and
>    brightest. http://www.ispf.com/ for information and registration.
>
>     Atheism is a non-prophet organization. I route, therefore I am.
>       Alex Rubenstein, alex at nac.net, KC2BUO, ISP/C Charter Member
>               Father of the Network and Head Bottle-Washer
>     Net Access Corporation, 9 Mt. Pleasant Tpk., Denville, NJ 07834
> Don't choose a spineless ISP; we have more backbone!  http://www.nac.net

Thank you,
David Diaz
Chief Technical Officer
Netrail, Inc

email:   davediaz at netrail.net
pager: 888-576-1018
office: 888-NETRAIL

Colo facilities: Atlanta-NAP, Miami, Arlington, Chicago, San Francisco
888-NETRAIL for further information