Check this out

jeyers at ialn.com jeyers at ialn.com
Wed Sep 2 12:48:15 UTC 1998

Any reason why it should be regulated the PUC's at all?  Is the
usefulness
of that beurocratic arm of the industry fading?  If so, why would you
need
them at all in the future world of IP-only communications through a
global
network (like the internet)?

I bet you will see more and more of this type of push by the industry as
they lose their death-grip hold on the PSTN, and I predict we will be
paying by-the-packet for access into a globally "free" network
eventually.

Jerry