Xedia vs Packeteer Comparsion

bcurnow bcurnow at sonnet.com
Fri Oct 30 22:01:08 UTC 1998

I got some followups/corrections on key points which I feel I should
distribute:

The person from Xedia who told me 600 was the class limit, emailed me
again and realized that I might really mean how many end points under
control of those classes.  The answer I came away with is that the Xedia
can support a lot more end points (users) than 600.  Hope I got that
right. :)

An engineer at UU.net also said 600 was too low, and that it is more an
issue of how much RAM is in the box.  He said thousands, which sounds
promising.

So, if I had to buy today, it looks like Xedia is the one to have if
you're doing things on a large scale.