exodus?

Erica L Johansson acire at arpa.com
Fri Oct 30 21:26:36 UTC 1998

Well, when I called them, the guy that I spoke with seemed a little
clueless and wanted to keep blaming the problem on MCI. I had done some
traceroutes and had seen other areas using various backbones having
problems also. When I was on the phone with the guy, when he still
maintained it was a problem on our side, I simply asked him what their
connectivity was like, or what their network looked like. He had to put
me on hold for several minutes, came back, and then started saying
something about "We are working on a contractual agreement with C&W, but
it will be approximately 40 days before we work that out."  I had another
coworker call later on..and that is what they had told us that time.
I honestly don't have any idea what their network looks like, nor who they
have connectivity and/or peearing with.  This is just the information they
had given us.  They didn't give us really anymore..and the person that
gave us this bit, seemed a little more clueful about what was going on.
I'm just glad that they are finally acknowledging that there is _some_
problem on _their_ side of things.

Now...hopefully they will have it fixed in the 40 days they are
maintaining.

Erica L Johansson
Network Administrator
ServiceCo/Road Runner