Xedia vs Packeteer Comparsion

matthew zeier matthew at thirdcoast.net
Fri Oct 30 20:35:26 UTC 1998

I've been using the Packetshapper 4000 and have been having terrible
performance when I consistantly push out 20Mbps+.  The pshaper4k sits
between my edge router and my backbone FE switch (so all traffic goes
through it).

Withouth going into too much detail, when the box inline with power on
(and shaping on or off), I get about 10% packet drop and anywhere from
20ms-1000ms delay going through that box.  If I power it off or take it
out of the picture, problem goes away.

I've hit some limits because before I was consistantly above 20Mbps, the
box worked very well.  I've had the tech guys take a look at it and they
did mention I was hitting some hard limits.

- mz

--
matthew zeier -  "Chance is irrelevant - we will succeed." - 7 of 9