Xedia vs Packeteer Comparsion

bcurnow bcurnow at sonnet.com
Fri Oct 30 17:25:16 UTC 1998

I'm doing such a comparison right now..

Here are the things I am concerned about:

Xedia:  Does T3/ATM interfaces and routes
Packeteer: Bridge Ethernet only.

Xedia: 600 individual profiles
Packeteer: 4096 (I think, double checking that with them)

Xedia: Doesn't need two routers
Packeteer: Since it only bridges, it has to be between two intelligent
devices.  I don't think looping it out and back to the same Cisco would
work.

Since I need more profiles, I am leaning toward a Packeteer.

If anyone else has notes, I would like to hear them.