Despamming wholesale dialup

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cp.net
Fri Oct 30 16:37:03 UTC 1998

On 10/29/98, Bryan Bradsby <Bryan.Bradsby at capnet.state.tx.us> wrote:

> We do this now. When a site is blocked by our subscription to ORBS, i send
> them a nice friendly note, admin to admin. How many? A couple hundred a
> month. Some fix it promptly. Some send me a nice thank you note. Most
> don't (do either one).

	Quick note about ORBS: there are people ORBS blocks (such as GOL
	in Japan) which do not have any open relays, and never did.  It's
	purely a personal grudge held by the ORBS operator.

	Don't rely on ORBS.

--
J.D. Falk <jdfalk at cp.net>                "A name indicates what we seek.
Special Agent In Charge (Abuse Issues)    An address indicates where it is.