Priori?

Dave Cooper dave_cooper at eli.net
Fri Oct 30 01:49:20 UTC 1998

-----Original Message-----
From:	Andrew Staples [SMTP:andrews at ltinet.net]
Sent:	Thursday, October 29, 1998 7:05 PM
To:	nanog at merit.edu
Subject:	Fw: Priori?

Dave Cooper wrote:
>Unfortunately, it came to our attention that it was going to take much
longer
>for Ameritech to move the circuit (alot longer actually).
>Therefore we had to abruptly drop the connection to the NAP until this move
is facilitated.

David's post illuminates my error.  It seems that it was not ELI's problem,
but Ameritech's.

By no means is ELI *blaming* Ameritech or anyone else for the outage to the
customer on Priori's network (yes, there was only one customer left on the
network and they have subsequently been moved over to our AS).

I take responsibility for any customer outage, regardless of the reasons or
causes that led to it.  The integration of these two networks has been quite
complicated.  Dealing with almost every CLEC and LEC to move circuits,
change VCs, delete VCs, move equipment, is quite a challenge when you want it done
*yesterday*.  Thankfully, we're almost done and I can hand over AS10303 to Justin
 and I can finally get some sleep.

-dave
eli engineering

Apologies to all for the desultory comment.

no problem.....

Andrew