Lucent WaveLAN PC Cards?

Brandon Ross bross at mindspring.net
Thu Oct 29 07:04:54 UTC 1998

I attended the Atlanta Linux Showcase last weekend and attended a talk
about 802.11 cards for Linux.  I took the liberty of forwarding Brent's
question on to the speaker for that talk and he asked me to forward the
following response back to the list.  The web site he references is
http://www.absoval.com

---

There _is_ a driver that has been tested using the Harris PRISM reference
design.  This is an 802.11 Direct Sequence WLAN card.  Two vendors
currently using this design are Intalk (http://www.intalk.com) and Bay
Networks (be careful with Bay, I think they're still selling older
non-802.11 cards too).  I haven't had the opportunity to directly test
these cards, but the driver _should_ work.

On our website, I'll be posting the latest code, instructions, and some
information on compatibility between cards and firmware.  Hopefully,
that'll be up later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest!
Mark