UU Net sales tactics?

Louis A. Destree destree at solstice.flash.net
Wed Oct 28 22:27:01 UTC 1998

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, John Golovich wrote:
> Has anyone else received a phone call from a UUnet salesman out of the blue?
> It appears that he used the Boardwatch magazine, because he quoted me some
> information out of it about my company.

Funny you should mention this.  I have a 45MB/s feed to UUNet in Dallas,
and have had for years. Probably a year ago I had a UUNet salesman call me
out of the blue saying he was now responsible for my account, and I should
be talking to him for all of my UUNet related business.  However,
according to WorldCom, and more specifically my WorldCom sales rep, I was
still supposed to go through WorldCom for my UUNet dealings.  Can you say
comi$$ion?

About two months back, I got a flyer from UUNet, with a new person
claiming to be my sales rep.  Again, the WorldCom rep I have states she
should be our primary contact for UUNet business.

Personally, I think the UUNet feed I have is excellent, but it would be
nice to see a bit more UUNet-WorldCom coordination.  It's leaving those of
us in the customer community confused.

Louis
--
Louis A. Destree