Linux Router KIT

John Fraizer John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net
Wed Oct 28 20:57:29 UTC 1998

At 08:12 PM 10/28/98 +0000, Michael Shields wrote:
>In article <19981028100541.00359 at orlando.power.net>,
>dirk at power.net wrote:
>> Linux doesn't just kill Microsoft's NT and Solaris. It also eats
>> Cisco for lunch.
>
>This isn't true.  IOS does a lot more than just get packets from
>interface A to interface B.  (In terms of managability as well as
>functionality)

I have to agree.  I love my linux routers but, you can't do EVERYTHING on
the linux box that you can on the cisco and many times, even the things you
can do are more difficult for the uninitiated.

-------
John Fraizer                      |    __   _
The System Administrator          |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/         | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
                     A 486 is a terrible thing to waste...