CW....also CNN

Jeff Swinton jswinton at cw.net
Mon Oct 26 23:15:11 UTC 1998

There have been two problems affecting the performance of our network in
the past 24 hours. The first problem which has been hammered out on this
list is the leaking of our routes by other providers. Our noc is still
working with some other ISPs to get this issue resolved. Currently some
large backbones are still seeing some more specific pieces of our netblocks
that are not pointing directly to our network.

In addition to this (and possibly caused by this) we had an increase in
traffic in our San Francisco node. This increase congested one of our Fddi
rings. This caused problems for a subset of our routers in the San
Francisco area. Steps were taken to alleviate the immediate problem and it
will be closely monitored. To be clear, the problem was localized to just a
handful of routers and just to a single node.

The congestion problem was fixed early this morning. I apologize for delay
in posting.

Jeff Swinton
Manager, Backbone Design
Cable & Wireless Internet Engineering