hi

Nikos Mouat nikm at cyberflunk.com
Mon Oct 26 04:30:06 UTC 1998

Hi,
  Globecomm is the same as iname.com which is one of those personalized
email address services. The last time I saw a huge amount of spam coming
through them, it was actually just normal spam going to an email address
hosted there which the person reporting the spam had setup and forwarded
to their account.
   The response I got from iname was:

---

The spam you have received was not sent by an iName user. It was sent to
your iName address, which is the reason that you see globecomm.net in the
headers. This spammer has forged the return address, and is switching
dialups as fast as the ISP can cut him off.  We have contacted each ISP
whose dialup has been abused, and are taking further legal action to stop
this spam and prevent it from happening again.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for your inconvenience. Please continue
to report spamming incidents to abuse at iname.com

---

nm