Packetshaper Replacement

Jeff Mcadams jeffm at iglou.com
Fri Oct 23 20:05:22 UTC 1998

Thus spake Sanjay Dani
>> Take a look at www.xedia.com. Extremely flexible traffic shaping and
>> monitoring (with diff-serv support), very high bandwidth and packet
>> rate, bridging, and full access routing (rip, ospf, bgp). And vpn
>> shown at Interop.

>Can anyone please relate their experiences using this
>router in an e-bgp environment (# of full views, # of
>peers, interoperability with cisco's, etc)?

Well, they don't have a high number of ports...mine is a single hssi,
single fe, so you're only dealing with a few views at most.  We've got a
full eBGP view from uu.net on it, as well as an iBGP peer with our cisco
taking our other connections.  It handles it quite well...never seems to
have broken a sweat CPU-wise that I can tell.
Jeff McAdams                            Email: jeffm at iglou.com
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456