Maybe I'm misreading this but...

I Am Not An Isp patrick at ianai.net
Fri Oct 16 21:07:56 UTC 1998

At 04:58 PM 10/16/98 -0400, tvo wrote:
>Well, that is all fine and well if the device with the RFC1918 address is
>the one screaming "Too Boocoo!" but if it's some other box trying to tell
>it that the packets are too bug, no dice.  Non-routable address.

If you mean "if some device tries to tell the RFC1918 box the packet is too
large", this is correct.  However, the same reasoning shows that *ANY*
session opened between an RFC1918 box and a random host on the Internet
will break as well.

I suppose you could be talking about a one-way transmission of data from
the RFC1918 box to a random host.  If so, yes, you are SOL.  I just don't
see a whole lot of that. ;)

TTFN,
patrick

I Am Not An Isp
www.ianai.net
"Think of it as evolution in action." - Niven & Pournelle