Carpet?

Bret McDanel bret at rehost.com
Fri Oct 16 14:15:41 UTC 1998

---Reply on mail from Charles Sprickman about Carpet?
> I'm looking for carpeting for the area outside of a machine room that
> won't cause the "shuffle your feet and shock yourself" phenomenon.  I
> noticed most datacenters I've seen are carpeted up to the entrance without
> any ESD problems.  Is there special "anti-ESD" carpet?  Where might I find
> it?

And for the Datacenter on a budget, diluted fabric softner (like downy)
also works..  Put it in a spray bottle, and mist it over the carpet...  If
you dont dilute it, it will make a mess :)

Not as effective as some other stuff (like real anti-static carpet, or
grounding people at the entrance or ...) but a whole lot cheaper and
quicker to install in many cases

--
Bret McDanel                                    http://www.rehost.com
Realistic Technologies, Inc.                             973-514-1144

     These opinions are mine, and may not be the same as my employer