Gigarouter performance

Neil J. McRae neil at domino.org
Fri Oct 16 10:36:53 UTC 1998

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:31:00 -0200 (EDT)
 Rogerio Alvarez - DRS23 <rogerio at embratel.net.br> wrote:

> I know that these boxes work well, theoretically, but I really want to know
> if any major ISP is using gigarouters on their core.
>
> Another issue is, if I have 30 ATM PVC´s over an OC-12 interface, how
> well this box will treat , it will provide QoS for all the PVC´s without
> impact the other services?

The GRF-400 can't cope with 2 PVC's on an OC-3 interface properly.
If one PVC overly maxes out it connection it makes every other PVC on
the card drop packets. The PA-A3 card seems to cope with this on
a 7500.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.
neil at DOMINO.ORG    NetBSD-1.3 released! ftp://ftp.uk.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD