Carpet?

Stephen Stuart stuart at tech.org
Thu Oct 15 23:52:51 UTC 1998

> I'm looking for carpeting for the area outside of a machine room that
> won't cause the "shuffle your feet and shock yourself" phenomenon.  I
> noticed most datacenters I've seen are carpeted up to the entrance without
> any ESD problems.  Is there special "anti-ESD" carpet?  Where might I find
> it?

Yes. Searching AltaVista for "anti-static carpet" (without the quotes)
will produce results of which the following is in the first ten matches:

	http://accessfloor.com/top/carpet/default.html

I once recommended anti-static carpet for a machine room, and I was
very happy with the way it turned out. I might be able to dig up the
name of the supplier if you contact me off-line.

Stephen