Sunday evening NANOG tutorials

Susan R. Harris srh at merit.edu
Wed Oct 14 20:16:37 UTC 1998

We're pleased to announce two tutorials for Sunday evening, November 8, in
Atlanta:

  7:15 - 8:45	"Good ISPs Have No Class - Addressing Nuances and
		   Nuisances"
		Presented by Howard Berkowitz

		A review of some of the more subtle points of CIDR, aggregation,
		and renumbering. Included are tricks and techniques that
		the newer ISP might need, including pure address
		administration and procedures for submitting
		address space justifications. Hank Nussbacher's CIDR FAQ
		is a prerequisite for the session:

 			http://www.ibm.net.il/~hank/cidr.html

  8:45 - 10:45  "External Route Selection: Tips and Techniques for ISPs"
		Presented by Avi Freedman, Net Access

		Tips for ISPs on external route selection, including the
		BGP MED and LOCAL_PREF attributes, peering at multiple
		locations; backup transit; and how to mix transit, public,
		and private peering.

We've also added several other presentations to the Mon. - Tues. schedule:

	http://www.nanog.org/mtg-9811/topics.html
Susan R. Harris, Ph.D.        Merit Network, Inc.     Phone: 734.936.2100
srh at merit.edu                 Senior Science Writer   Fax:   734.647.3185