International Murphy's Day [was: Discussion point: Telco quality?]

cache22 cache22 at webkorner.com
Mon Oct 12 23:53:30 UTC 1998

> Subject: Re: Discussion point: Telco quality?
> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 23:02:02 -0700
> From: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <rmeyer at mhsc.com>
> To: David Lesher <wb8foz at nrk.com>
> CC: nanog at merit.edu (nanog list)

> >> Yes.

<snip>

> >But such will never happen, so we can all rest easy....right?
>
> Cascaded failures will do it. aka Murphy having a party.

Big Party!  International Murphy's Observance Day!

January 1, 2000

Everyone's Invited -- Location to be Announced!

or will it be International Murphy's Observance Year?

recent y2k news:

worldcom is far behind schedule:

http://june.wcom.net/about_worldcom/year_2000_compliance/timeline.shtml

congressional testimony from bellatlantic on what should (and
isn't) being done:

http://home.swbell.net/adheath/castellano.htm

little progress from bellsouth:

http://www.garynorth.com/y2k/detail_.cfm/2560

amazing performance from sbc! (sw bell & pacbell)

http://www.garynorth.com/y2k/detail_.cfm/2506

the itu is sleepwalking:

http://www.garynorth.com/y2k/detail_.cfm/2832

international communications (and banking) status:  (hopeless)

http://y2ktimebomb.com/Industry/Telecom/ihugo9840.htm