IGPs in use

Andre' Zehl zehl at berkom.de
Mon Oct 12 19:22:24 UTC 1998

Is there an overview on what the dominantly used interior routing protocols are percentagewise in large AS backbones (IBGP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, IS-IS, any?). I don't want to start religous wars on what's the best protocol, I'm rather interested if there is an overview available on the facts of protocols used. Is there an "objective" (vendor-independent) feature-based overview on the compared advantages/disadvantages (especially regarding redistribution) of the various protocols that goes with those numbers?

Andre'

zehl at berkom.de