Internet 1, Backhoe 0

Sam Thomas sthomas at lart.net
Sat Oct 10 20:08:36 UTC 1998

#include <stddisclaim.h>
<delurk>

Also, let's make sure that the color of the backhoe doesn't depict the
color used by any particular manufacturer of backhoes, as they might
want to sue based on defamation of their product/brand name.

Reall, kids, if you're that bent on creating a politically correct
expression of your negative emotions toward backhoes, just give up!
If this society has advanced to the point where one can't make fun of
anything without the fear of being sued/fired/shot stopping them, then
it's time to depopulate and start over. Being a minority (having common
sense and intelligence), I am offended by this "cleansing" process that
seems to have taken control of a little joke. I'm going to sue!

<operational content>
no logging console
(/operational content>

</delurk>

On Sat, Oct 10, 1998 at 09:17:03AM -1000, scott w wrote:

> Also please point the crosshairs at the motor compartment and not the
> human operator compartment.  Cool!  Let's all get some shirts that
> *really* express our innermost feelings...  :)
>
> scott

> At 11:13 AM -0700 10/9/98, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
> I just took a peek at the Gomes Gopher shirt.
>
> IMHO, it would be a LOT better not to depict *any* person at all. Simply a
> picture of the back-hoe, bright yellow, in the gun-sights. Make is a
> hi-tech gun-sight with ranging ranging, azimuth, and elevation markings.
> The back-hoe should be one of those enclosed driver compartment types so
> the operator can't be seen.

                -- Henry Spencer