MAE NY?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Sat Oct 10 01:41:29 UTC 1998

On Thu, Oct 08, 1998 at 11:44:37PM -0400, Adam Rothschild wrote:
> > Please read http://www.nanog.org/NANOG.charter.html ...
>
> I have, on several occasions.  If anything, my question is a perfectly
> valid one in this forum, based upon the charter's contents...

Indeed.  The charter is loose where it has to be, just like the
constitution.  And, it's worthy of note, this is a community of network
operators (and that ilk)... and members of a community do not always
talk about the things that make them members of that community.

>From 13 years experience on Usenet, I make the humble pronouncement
(shyeah!  Right.) that any charter which fails to recognize this and
allow for it is fundamentally flawed.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592